Pounds for a Sound
We’re giving you the chance to win cash with Isle of Wight Radio and WightFibre by playing our brand new game Pounds for a Sound!
We play weekdays at 8.05am – all you need to do to win is tell us what you think the mystery sound is.
Well done to Alice who won £3845 by getting the answer correct.
Here goes with the NEW Sound!!
When the presenter on air tells you that lines are open, text the word RADIO followed by the word SOUND to 8 1 400, making sure to include your name but not your guess*^.
Check out the current list of incorrect answers and hear the mystery sound for yourself below!
Some of the Incorrect answers:
- Opening a can of drink
- Pressure washer starting up
- Camera shutter closing
- Electrical saw cutting through wood
- Automatic dispenser
- Electric Pencil Sharpener
- Letting air from a tyre
- Ticket Machine
- Sports bottle opening
- Record Needle
- Asthma inhaler discharge
- Automatic stapler
- Automatic Hand Sanitizer
- Air freshener
- Tile cutter
- Electric pencil sharpener
- Pull back toy car
- Ring pull on a can of Fruit/beans
- Vehicle reversing sound
- Dentist drill
- Automatic air freshener
- Stick blender
- Retractable dog lead
- Electric screwdriver
- Starter motor on a car
- Unwrapping a sweet
- Final stage of printing when paper thrown out
- Audio scratch
- Removing the lead from pumping up tyres
- Receipt on a card machine printing
- Perfume atomiser
- Squirty cream
- Letting air from a balloon
- Camera shutter
- Zip being pulled up quickly
- Drill chuck
- Compressed air in the mouth at dentist
- Security intercom on flats
- polaroid camera printing
- Pulling sellotape from the roll
- Adjust a office chair
- Printer printing
- Bug Zapper
- Circular saw cutting wood
- ^ Texts charged at your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions apply, see below for the full terms.
Terms and conditions:
- All Isle of Wight Radio standard terms and conditions for competitions apply, along with additional terms and conditions as stated below. If any terms and conditions conflict, those stated below take precedence.
- To enter ‘Pounds for a Sound’, text 8 1 400, starting your message with ‘RADIO SOUND‘ followed by your name ONLY. Texts are charged at your standard network rate.
- You may also pre-register at iwradio.co.uk.
- Lines for text entries will be announced as open and then closed by the presenter. No calls or texts are accepted outside of these times and any received will be discounted.
- You must not attempt to give us your answer unless asked by the presenter.
- If you are randomly selected to play, you must identify the mystery sound from the clip as played on air. Should you correctly identify the mystery sound, you will win the cash prize.
- You have only one guess. The presenter will take your first guess only. Should this be incorrect, you will need to re-register to play again and will win nothing.
- The correct answer to be accepted will be written on a card held by the presenter. Only this answer will be accepted with no variation.
- If you fail to answer your phone when we call you, we will move on and call the first reserve.
- You may be any age to enter, but those under the age of 18 require parental consent to play and to redeem the prize.
- You must reside in the UK.
- You may only register once per fortnight. After you have played your entry will be deleted and you will need to re-register for another chance to play.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change and amendment at any time at Isle of Wight Radio’s discretion.
Part of the Total Sense Media family of companies